The concept of fairies as beings halfway between the divine and the human and their representation halfway between the feminine and the animalistic derives most probably from primitive societies, which used shamanic practices to connect with nature and penetrate its secrets. They are remnants of remote beliefs, the invisible spirits of the elemental forces, custodians of secrets. They are lunatic beings, who sometimes dispense wealth and prosperity and sometimes punishments and curses; from “graceful and graceful girls” they can turn into “monstrous beings”.
They stay in the caves, they work spinning, sewing …; they wash their refined sheets and lay them out to dry on the stones near their house. If disturbed they can become dangerous.
Videostories (only in Italian)
Below a list of videostories to read/listen to:
- Le fate di Corfino
- Le fate di Sillano
- Le fate del Pollone – Corfino
- Il diavolo e la morte
- Streghi e ceffone – Rontano
- Streghi rubano le mondine – Rontano
- Il Pollone di Magnano
- Grotta delle fate – Vagli di Sotto
- Le fate della Penna del Tromba – Vagli di Sotto
- Il violinista Piallaccino
- E schiaffi a non finire – Sillico
- La strega che uccise la nipote – Verrucolette